Nothing says summer than this tasty cheesy tomato and pesto pizza recipe. Serve alongside a green salad and a cold drink.
Summer has finally hit the UK.
And with the sun, comes the promise of all things courgettes, runner beans, squashes, cucumbers, peas, sweet corn, tomatoes and herbs. Lots and lots and lots of herbs.
We tend to go overboard with the herbs. So for example over half the greenhouse is given over to basil. Green basil, purple basil, Thai basil, you name it and we have it.
That has a lot to do with being a food blogger as I regularly use herbs for cooking and for food styling. Clearly only the freshest, greenest, most perfect herbs will do. Yeap, over the top and totally allowed.
But then that means we get to have the freshest herbs to throw in salads, make dressing or marinades with, to add punch to our pasta sauces, the stuff our poultry with and to flavour our lemonades, water and ice-cream.
It also means we have loads of herbs to make pesto. So I can make everything slathered in pesto recipes including this super simple cheesy pesto pizza topped simply with tomatoes.
I suggest you make huge quantities of pizza dough, separate into portions and freeze. Then just defrost when needed. Same with pesto, use up your herbs in a huge batch of pesto and store in the fridge for a few weeks.
I made this particular tomato pesto pizza in my lovely Multicooker Redmond, because I am determined to try out every one of its 45 functions over the next few years. So yaye for ticking off that pizza function. It came out really, really well. What ever pizza will I have to whip up next?
And to make life even easier, Mutlicooker Redmond have also just launched a Cook with Redmond app. They include over 3000 recipes covering things like soup, juicy steaks, delicious salads, crispy fried food, amazing ragout, delicious desserts, mouthwatering pastries, homemade bread, oatmeal and much more.
Why not head over to the Cook with Redmond app to find out more and see more features about it such as :
- The fact that people can search for recipes based on the Multicooker Redmond that they have
- All the recipes are categorized by headings like bread, drinks, main courses etc
- Things like the cooking time and calorie information for each recipe is clearly visible
- Plus the very handy ingredient checklist and notes section.
In the mean time, here is how to make a summer pizza with pesto and tomatoes. Enjoy every mouthful.
- 160 g (5.6oz) pizza dough. See recipe for pizza dough here
- 3-4 tbsp pesto
- 100 g (3.5oz) mozzarella cheese grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- Extra pesto
- Lightly oil the bowl of the Multicooker Redmond
- Transfer the pizza dough to a lightly flowered surface and roll it out to fit the width of the Multicooker bowl.
- Place the pizza dough inside the bowl and layer with pesto, then cheese and then the tomatoes.
- Put the bowl in to the Multicooker, switch it on, select the pizza programme and set the time for 30 mins.
- Cook until the program finishes.
- Top the pizza with extra pesto, basil, rocket and chilli as desired and serve.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.