I love strawberry lemonade. So when it is strawberry season, I always have a jug of this in the fridge. I will stop at any lemonade stand I see to check out the competition and of course, mine is always, ALWAYS better.
Luckily for me OH realises my obsession so kindly plants out lots of strawberries for the summer. Seriously ask him how much lemonade or much strawberry and caramelised onion salad we go through year. I freeze whatever I don’t use so I can prolong the lemonade season well into autumn or just slip them into breakfast smoothies.
As I said in my previous lemonade post you can easily make the sugar syrup a few days before hand and store it in the fridge until necessary. You can double the quantities if you need to serve a crowd.
This is a good base recipe that you can tweak to your heart’s content with various fruity combinations. Seriously you should try it with some blueberries. And for long lazy adult only gatherings throw in some vodka or some gin. Guaranteed to keep those stories coming.
So please try this easy strawberry lemonade recipe and let me know what variations you have in yours.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Summer Strawberry Lemonade! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Summer Strawberry Lemonade
- 150 g (3/4 cup) sugar
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) water
- 12 large strawberries pureed
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh lemon juice (about 6 large lemons)
- 1250-1750 ml (5-7 cups) cold water depending on your taste
- Mint leaves
- Lemon slices
- Strawberry slices
- First make the syrup by combining the sugar with 175ml water in a saucepan and put on medium heat till the sugar is dissolved. Swirl the pan occasionally to speed up the process.
- Let the syrup cool.
- Sieve the pureed strawberries reserving the juice and discard any pulp.
- In a large jug combine the lemon juice, strawberries and syrup.
- Mix in 1250-1750ml water depending on how sweet / tart you prefer your lemonade.
- Add in mint, lemon and strawberry slices, top with ice and let cool before serving.