Yeap, you did read that title right. Today’s recipe is a sweetcorn and sundried tomato pizza on a spoon all finished of with some lush chilli mayonnaise. The pizza base come in the form of some crispy pitta chips. Fun idea right?
Canapés are one of the things I don’t whip up enough. I have a few regular starter type eats I fall back on when I invite people round for supper. But this chilli mayo, sweetcorn and sundried tomato pizza on a spoon has got me rethinking that. If only to cause Freddy’s jaw to hit the ground when I bring out a tray of canapés. 🙂
This recipe right here is one of the reasons that I love food blogging. As I end up getting fun challenges like the one by Heinz to create a tasty dish that will fit on a spoon, using their newly launched [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise. I could not wait to try it out as mayonnaise is a regular pantry staple for me and features in many dishes. You can taste how smooth, creamy and rich the mayonnaise is. But better still is that there are absolutely no added colors, flavours or artificial thickeners. Seriously good.
Have you tried Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise yourself? If not go then get yourself some and obviously make my sweetcorn and sundried tomato pizza on a spoon. It is soooo worth it.
Sweetcorn And Sundried Tomato Pizza On A Spoon with Chilli Mayonnaise
- 2 ears of corn husks removed
- 12 sundried tomato halves finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp mayonnaise I used Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp smoky chilli sauce
- A small handful of pitta chips
- Microgreens to top.
- Add enough water to a pan to be able to cover the corn, salt it and bring to the boil.
- Add in the corn, cover the pot, bring to the boil again and let cook for up to 5 mins.
- Switch of the heat, remove the corn and allow to cool before slicing off the kernels.
- Add the sweetcorn kernels into a bowl along with the sundried tomatoes, mayonnaise and chilli sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Assemble the canapés on the spoon starting with the pita chips, then the sweetcorn and sundried tomatoes mix, before topping with some microgreens
So I have got some fun news for you. Heinz is launching a nationwide competition to celebrate the launch of their [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise. They want YOU to create a delectable dish using the Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise. Each recipe will be judged on one single spoon serving – a moreish mouthful that looks and tastes delicious for the ultimate love at first bite. Do you have what it takes? See details below on how to enter.
All you have to do is submit a link to your recipe at seriosulygoodspooonfuls.co.uk using the social media using #heinzseriouslygood. Points will then be awarded for the recipe, ingredients used, methodology and presentation of the spoon serving. All the shortlisted entrants will be invited to prepare their spoonfuls in one of two live judging events taking place in September before one national winner is crowned in October.
Do pop over to their website to find out more about the competition and don’t forget to use the hashtag #heinzseriouslygood as you enter the competition on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.