What’s better than chocolate chip cookies? Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies. You will loooove these amazing and decadent chocolate cookies.
It is coming up to Easter.
So we need chocolate. Lots and lots and lots of it. That is my excuse anyway.
And what better way than to indulge in a chocolate cookie with a triple, yeap TRIPLE chocolate hit.
I am talking big fat gorgeous smelling cookies made with lovely melted chocolate, boosted with some cocoa powder and all finished with some chocolate chips. These deserve a large collective yummmmm, right?
And there is more good news when it comes to these cookies. You can freeze the shaped cookies and bake them straight from frozen as needed. Perfect for those impromptu drop ins, Easter egg hunting triumphs or just simply me time chocolate moments throughout the year.
And if you need more of a chocolate hit then check out these chocolate chip muffins, banana chocolate muffins and this decadent Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate. Chocolate heaven right?
Don’t forget to try these goodies too…
Road trip chocolate chip cookies.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125 g (4oz) dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids, I used Dr Oetker's)
- 150 g (1 cup) flour
- 30 g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder sieved
- 1 tsp sodium bicarbonate baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 125 g (1 stick) soft butter
- 50 g (1/3 cup) soft light brown sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg cold
- 270 g (1 1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips I used Dr Oetker's
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 150C / 170C / 325F / gas 3.
- Line your baking tray.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sodium bicarbonate and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugars and when done mix in the melted chocolate, then the vanilla extract and the egg.
- Then stir in the dry ingredients followed by the chocolate chips.
- Drop 12 equal-sized balls of cookie dough onto your baking tray making sure to leave at least 6 cm between each one. Don't flatten the cookie mix.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, until a skewer inserted into a cookie comes out semi-clean.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack
Fiona @ London-Unattached
out out temptress! stop posting things that look SOOOO yummy!
These cookies look amazing! The kids caught me looking at this recipe and they want some now lol 🙂
Oh my…I have some oookies in my kitchen. They aren’t as good as that but looking at that photo makes me want to tear the packet open!
So naughty but so nice!
Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
Totally chocolate heaven! Love love love. 🙂
Thanks Tina – aiming to lure all chocolate lovers to my little corner.
Sarah & Arkadi
great looking cookie! looks really loaded with chocolate! love it!
Thanks Sarah and Arkadi.
I love the idea of freezing the dough and then baking whenever you need a quick cookie, brilliant! And these look INCREDIBLE!
Belated happy Easter back Jess.
Nayna Kanabar (@citrusspiceuk)
I am loving all the lovely chocolate in these cookies they look fab.
Perfect to have today Nayna.
Sylvia @ Happiness is homemade
Yes please! I’m in a mood for chocolate lately 😉 Love the chocolate chip cookies but never made the myself, if I ever try your recipe will be first to try out!
Helen @ Scrummy Lane
You’re right, Bintu, Easter is the perfect excuse to eat these super chocolaty cookies. Very nice! 🙂
Yeap – gotta love Easter.
These look amazing, like Fiona I’m just working out if I have to shop to make them! GG
:D. I have a freezer full of cookies atm. It is very hard to not keep baking just one more.
London Unattached Lifestyle and Travel
Those look SO good. Wondering now which of the ingredients I have in my cupboard already
Would go well with your super smoothies Fiona.