Living were I do, I am lucky enough to be able to get venison very easily.
So I cook with it a lot and usually use it instead of beef in recipes. So why on earth have I gone through a whole 21 months of blogging without mentioning any venison recipes? What’s with that? Luckily some friends came to stay last week which meant Freddy whipped up his trademark venison burgers along with a few jugs of his home brew. Guess who stood over as him watching his every step.
What I like about venison is that it very lean and so makes healthier burgers. The addition of the onion and garlic paste and Stokes Sauces chipotle ketchup give the burger a good flavour, a hint of smokiness and some spice. But even more importantly these add juiciness to the meat. Bear in mind that because venison is lean, it does cook very quickly so it is worth erring on the side of caution and cooking these burgers for less time than you think.
Then piled up high with a gazillion veggies and topped with some crunchy fried bacon – there are no words folks. No words.
Or maybe there are a few…….
Bury my face in that burger now…
I want, I want, I want…
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Epic Chipotle Bacon and Venison Burgers! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Epic Chipotle Bacon and Venison Burgers
- 4 fried bacon slices
- Burger baps
- Sweet potato fries
- Chipotle ketchup
- Salad greens
- Place the venison mince in a bowl and break up any clumps.
- Whiz the onion and garlic into a paste and add to the mince along with the ketchup, egg, salt and black pepper and mix everything together. Don't over mix.
- Divide the burger mix into 4 and mould each portion into a burger shape - make them as thick or as thin as you prefer.
- Burger cooking time depends on how well done you want your burger. As a rough guide cook your burger for 2-3 mins and then flip and cook for another 2-3 mins and test it. I prefer mine more well done so I cook mine for longer.
- Assemble you burger with topping of your choice - OH did bun, ketchup, burger, salad greens, tomatoes, onions, crispy bacon, mayonnaise and bun. Serve alongside some sweet potato fries.