Why not try these Easy Carrot Cake Muffins which are lighter on the calories but full of the same great flavour. They make a great breakfast, brunch, food on the go treat, snack and even a dessert. Bonus is that these healthy Carrot Muffins can be eating with or without frosting. Weight Watchers Points included in the post.
I had these skinny carrot muffins every single day for 3 weeks. If not for breakfast then certainly for a snack. And a few times for an after supper treat.
But this story started a while back when the farm shop had huge special offer on carrots. Plus I was rather hungry so I somehow found myself with five kilos of carrots. Yeap. OH’s eyes almost popped out when I got home because 5 kilos is excessive even for me. But then I listed all the things I would make including sweet potato and carrot soup and Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. Well let’s just say we have been a rather carrot centric household these past few weeks.
These carrot muffins are very easy to make. You don’t need to peel the carrots and everything gets done in the food processor in less than 10 mins whilst mini chefs get to do the important task of switching it on and off.
These are weight watchers Carrot Cake Muffins are the perfect low fat carrot muffins for people who have a sweet tooth. And they are still sweet enough even with the lower amount of sugar. It is now my base muffin recipe and it is as simple as throwing in some nuts or fruits to make them that little bit different.
And even better is that these are very easy to make. You don’t need to peel the carrots and everything gets done in the food processor in less than 10 mins whilst mini chef gets to do the important task of switching it on and off.
Weight Watchers Points in Carrot Cake Muffins
Each muffin contains 7 Freestyle points.
Want more muffins recipes then check out these below.
More Healthy Desserts
Thank you for reading my Carrot Cake Muffins recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for visiting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
**This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Get The Healthy Carrot Muffins Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Weight Watchers Carrot Cake Muffins! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Weight Watchers Carrot Cake Muffins
- 225 g carrots chopped into big chunks
- 110 g brown sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 250 g plain flour unsifted
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (or zest of 1 orange)
- 175 ml skimmed milk
- 3 tbp melted margarine
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Line your muffin tins with the muffin cases.
- Whizz the carrots in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
- Add in the sugar and eggs and whizz till mixed.
- Add in a pinch of salt, the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla (or orange zest), milk and melted margarine and whizz again until just combined. Make sure not over mix the batter.
- Fill the muffin cases with the batter and bake in the oven for about 25 mins or until cooked (ie if you stick a wooden skewer through a muffin it comes out clean).
- Let the muffins cool a bit on a wire rack before serving ( after you have tasted one or two of course).
Weight Watchers Points in Carrot Cake MuffinsEach muffin contains 7 Freestyle points.