Orange And Thyme Waffles With Blueberry Compote
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 450 ml (1.9 cups) milk
- 125 g (4.4oz) unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs beaten
- ½-1 tsp orange zest
- 2.5 tbsp chopped fresh thyme divided
- 300 g (10.5oz) self-raising flour
- 200 g (7oz) frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp sugar
Whisk together milk, butter and eggs, orange zest and 1.5 tbsp thyme and set aside.
Mix flour and sugar (if using) in a large bowl and make a hole in the center.
Slowly whisk the milk mixture into the flour to make a batter and don't worry if there are some lumps.
Cook the waffles according to your waffles maker instructions until all the waffle batter is is finished and set aside somewhere warm.
To make the sauce - Add the blueberries, water and sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat, allow ice to melt, and leave simmering with the pan open, for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally, till the fruits are softened. Switch off the heat.
Serve the waffles topped with blueberry compote and the extra chopped thyme.
Thyme Waffles Tips
- Feel free to add extra thyme or orange zest to your taste.
- You can swap out a bit of the flour for whole wheat flour.
- You can add some sugar or honey to the waffle batter if you want sweet waffles.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 8.2mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1.4mg