Sweet fried plantains make a delicious breakfast, starter or side dish.
- 2 plantains
- salt to taste
- 6 tbsp oil or more, depending on the size of your pan,
Peel the plantains and cut into slices.
Sprinkle some salt on both sides.
Put enough oil in frying pan so that the oil comes up to about a 3rd of each slice of plantain when they are in.
Heat the oil until when you put a piece of plantain in, it sizzles.
Put in the plantain slices.
Fry on one side till golden and turn over and fry on the other side.
The second side cooks a lot quicker than the first side so keep an eye on this.
You might need to reduce the heat on the plantains as well after turning the slices.
Remove plantains from oil and drain on kitchen paper.
If frying plantains in more than one batch keep the first batch in an oven on warm.
Here are a few tips to help you cook these plantains easily;
- Use the oils you have. You can fry plantains using rapeseed oil, olive oil, sunflower seed oil or butter.
- Serve warm! If making a big batch, place your cooked Plantains in a warm oven to keep the temperature.
- You might need to reduce the heat on the plantains as well after turning the slices, as the second side cooks much quicker than the first.
Weight Watchers Points
- There are 10 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of fried plantains.
- A serving of air fryer plantains contains 5 Blue Plan SmartPoints.
More Plantain Recipes
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1009IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg