Wild Garlic and Farro Soup
A lush wild garlic soup with farro.
- 750 ml (3 cups) vegetable (or chicken stock if not vegan)
- 150 g (5.3oz) semi-pearled farro or pearl barley
- 2 large handfuls of wild garlic (ramsons, ramps) shredded
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Lemon juice to your taste
- A handful of salad cress
- A handful of toasted almond flakes
- A handful of pomegranate seeds
Heat up the stock in a saucepan, add the farro, bring to the boil and let simmer for about 10-12 according to the packet instructions.
Just before the farro is done, add in the wild garlic and let simmer for a couple of mins until the leaves are wilted and then switch off the heat.
Whisk together the tahini and lemon juice until the mixture takes a hummus-like consistency.
Serve the soup in bowls topped with the lemon tahini, cress, almonds and pomegranate.