Instant Pot Corn Chowder With Sweet Potato
Instant Pot Corn Chowder with Sweet Potato is such a tasty and healthy soup recipe.
Instant Pot Corn Chowder with Sweet Potato Soup Ingredients List
- 4 cups (750g) sweetcorn kernels fresh or defrosted
- 4 green onions (spring onions) finely chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into very small cubes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cups (875 mls) vegetable broth
- 1.5 cup plant based milk or to your taste
- Optional Toppings : green onions, chipotle sauce, sundried tomatoes.
Instant Pot Corn Chowder Instructions
Add the vegetable broth into the Instant Pot Insert followed by the sweetcorn kernels, green onions, sweet potatoes, garlic puree, smoked paprika and salt.
Cover the Instant Pot and set the valve to seal, select the manual/pressure cook function at high pressure, and set the timer for 10 minutes.
When done do a QPR (quick pressure release) and let the chowder cool for a few mins, before transferring half into a blender and blending until smooth.
Return the blended corn chowder soup into the rest of the pot, season with salt and serve with toppings of your choice.
Corn Chowder Stove Top Instructions
Heat the olive oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add sweet potato and cook for 5 mins.
Then in the garlic puree and smoked paprika and cook for 30 secs until fragrant.
Mix in the vegetable broth, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 mins or until the sweet potato is tender.
Stir in the sweetcorn kernels and spring onions, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 mins.
Switch off the heat and mix in the milk.
Let the chowder cool for a few mins, before transferring half into a blender and blending until smooth.
Return the blended sweet corn chowder soup into the rest of the pot, season with salt and serve with toppings of your choice.
Instant Pot Sweet Corn Chowder Tips
- Fresh sweet corn tastes sooo good in this, but defrosted frozen sweetcorn kernels will work too.
- If not vegetarian you can use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth.
- Adaptable. You can use other plant-based milks. If not vegan then use regular milk instead in the recipe.
- Cook time does not include time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure, or for the pressure to release.
- For a thinner soup add an extra 1/2 - 1 cup of broth.
- For a richer soup use heavy plant cream instead of plant-based milk
Instant Pot Corn Chowder Weight Watchers Points
There are 2 Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of Pressure Cooker Corn Chowder.
More Soup Recipes
If you love making soup as much as I do, check out these other delicious soup recipes:
More Sweet Corn Recipes
Craving a few more sweetcorn recipes like this sweet corn soup? Try these:
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 937mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6775IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1.1mg