Easy Chocolate Hummus
A chocolate hummus recipe with creamy milk and dark chocolate.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 400 g (14 oz) tin cooked chickpeas rinsed and drained, with the skins off if preferred
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) milk (extra 3-4 tbsp if using a blender)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or more to your taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 40 g (1.5 oz) dark chocolate chopped small (if you want a smoother hummus then grate chocolate)
Add all the ingredients through to the cocoa powder into a high-powered food processor or blender and whiz for a minute. (If using a blender, you will need to add an extra 3-4 tbsp milk to get the blender going.)
Then add in the chocolate pieces and blend into the consistency you desire.
If you want your hummus less thick then add in a bit more milk.
To peel the chickpeas: Take them by the pointed end and give them a quick squeeze and they will pop out of their skin. You can also make this without peeling them.
Serving: 8servings | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 189mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1.5mg