Mint and Pea Soup
Mint and Pea Soup is an easy, fuss-free, flavourful side dish that is ready to serve in less than 15 mins.
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds optional
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green onion (spring onion), chopped
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 225 g peas fresh or frozen
- 350 ml water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Make Your Mint and Pea Soup
Heat the pot and toast the cumin seeds for about 1 min until they are fragrant.
Then quickly add in the oil, and when warm add in the onion and garlic. Fry for about 1 min, until soft. Feel free to add in a couple of tbsp of water to help cook the vegetables.
Add the peas and water, bring to the boil and simmer for 8 mins.
Remove from heat, stir in the mint and let the soup cool.
Purée the soup, then add in salt and pepper to taste.
Serve soup alongside Ginster's Cornish Pasties.
Mint and Pea Soup Recipe Tips
- Make this Mint and Pea Soup with fresh, frozen or even canned peas.
- You can easily add in another 100mls of water or stock if you prefer a thinner soup.
- Great for meal prep, make a batch (or 2!) of this Mint and Pea Soup and then store in individual meal prep jars or containers and use throughout the week.
Mint and Pea Soup WW Points
There is 1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint in a serving of Mint and Pea Soup.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 970IU | Vitamin C: 46.6mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg