Mexican Vegan Tacos
Scrumptious lentil tacos.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 28 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 150 g (1 cup) dried lentils rinsed ( I used brown lentils)
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp smoked parika
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Ground black pepper
- Chilli powder to taste
- 480-720 ml (2-3 cups) vegetable stock to your preference
- shredded lettuce
- coriander cilantro
- sour cream
Heat the oil in a large enough pot and soften the onion and garlic for about 5 mins.
Then add in all the remaining ingredients and mix well, bring to the boil and reduce to simmer until lentils are tender.
Keep an eye on the liquid and add some more stock if necessary.
Adjust seasoning and remove from heat.
Serve lentils with the tacos and a variety of toppings.
Mexican Lentils Tips
- You can use green lentils, but you will need to cook them a little longer.
- You need to make sure the lentils don't overcook and turn into a mushy mess.
- Feel free to add a little bit more spices to your taste.
Lentil Tacos Serving Suggestions
- Homemade Corn Tortilla.
- Cheese (vegan cheese if vegan)
- Sliced green onions
- Mango salsa
- Avocado sauce
- Grilled Corn
- Tomato Salsa
Weight Watchers Points - Mexican Lentils only
A serving of these Vegan Mexican Lentils contains just 1 Freestyle SmartPoint.
To determine how many points are in the tacos, you will need to calculate additional points based on the toppings you use.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 12.9mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 4.5mg