Slow Cooker Lentil Curry
An easy slow cooker lentil curry recipe.
- 1 1/4 Cups (250g) green lentils washed
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- 7 oz (200g) diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1/3 cup (80ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup thawed frozen spinach, with the water squeezed out or 2 cups (80g) fresh baby spinach
Put all the ingredients (except the coconut milk and spinach) into your slow cooker and stir them together.
Cook on high for 4 - 5 hours until lentils are cooked through. Then stir in the coconut milk, add and spinach and cook till wilted.
- Feel free to use reduced fat coconut milk if you prefer.
- If you have access to fresh green you can add in fresh spinach or fresh arugula (rocket) and a bit of fresh cilantro.
- If not vegan you can use chicken broth.
- Feel free to vary the spices you put in. Other spices to try include cumin, paprika and ground coriander.
- Change it up by using a Jamaican Curry Powder instead.
- You could also try it as a tomatoey spicy lentil soup instead. Just add in more chopped tomatoes and stock.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 3 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1048mg | Potassium: 860mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5155IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 7mg