Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
For the Oreo Crust
- 28 whole Oreos about 36 Oreos
- 7 tbsp melted butter
For the Peanut Butter Pie filing:
- 225 g (8oz) cream cheese
- 250 g (1 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 100 g (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp) icing sugar ( powdered sugar), divided
- 240 ml (1 cup) double cream (heavy whipping cream)
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed Oreos
- Chocolate sauce
Make the Oreo Pie Crust:
Finely crush the Oreos in a food processor, or in a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin. Finer crushed cookies mean a crust that stick better.
Add the crushed Oreos into a bowl along with the melted butter and mix.
Transfer the mixture into a 23cm / 9 inch pie dish and press into the bottom and sides of a dish.
For No Bake Pie Crust - Freeze crust for 15 mins or refrigerate for at least 30 mins until it is set.
Optional For a baked pie crust - Bake at 180C / 350F / gas 4 for 10 mins. This will give you a crunchier crust. Let it cool before you continue with your recipe
Make the Peanut Butter Pie Filling:
Beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and icing sugar into a bowl using a hand held electric mixer until combined and light and fluffy
Add cream to another bowl plus the remaining 1 tbsp of icing sugar and using a hand held mixer whip the cream till it forms stiff peaks.
Carefully, fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mix until combined.
Assemble the No Bake Peanut Butter Pie:
Then add this filling to the prepared Oreo pie crust and smooth.
Refrigerate for at least 6 hours but preferably overnight or freeze for 1 hr.
Then top with extra crushed Oreos, chocolate chips and chocolate sauce, if using and serve
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- You can make the crust ahead of time and let it chill in the fridge.
- Feel free to use a shop bought Oreo pie crust (or any other sweet pie crust) instead.
- It is important to let the pie chill for at least 6hr in the fridge before serving. I usually make it the day before I need it and refrigerate overnight.
- If you are short on time then freeze it for one hour.
- This Peanut Butter Pie is very rich, so please cut smaller servings.
- Other toppings for this include peanut butter cookies, Reese peanut butter cups and any chocolate of your choice.
- If you have peanut allergies then you can use speculoos spread instead.
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 645IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2.5mg