Instant Pot Orange Chicken
Want a seriously good homemade takeaway? Then make a big batch of this flavourful tangy sweet Instant Pot Orange Chicken.
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 75 ml 0.75 cup orange juice (sugar-free and bit-free juice)
- 3 tbsp tamari soy sauce or regular if not gluten-free
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or dark brown sugar use a calorie-free sugar alternative if on Weight Watchers or keto
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger puree
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 900 g 2 lb skinless chicken breasts cut into 1.5-2 cm pieces and patted dry
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2-1 tbsp tamari soy sauce optional; for IP version
Mix together the orange juice, tamari soy sauce, cider vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, ginger, chilli flakes and salt in a bowl and set aside.
Add the chicken and the sauce into the Instant Pot insert.
Cover your Instant Pot, set the vent to 'sealing,' select the manual or pressure cook button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 5 mins.
When done allow to NPR for 10 mins then QPR and open the lid.
Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp of water and make a lump free paste.
Select the sauté function and add the cornflour paste, mix and sauté for about 3 mins until thickened and switch off the heat.
Garnish with spring onion and toasted sesame seeds before serving.
Orange Chicken Info/Tips
Weight Watchers Points in Orange Chicken
If you replace the 1 tsp coconut sugar/dark brown sugar with a calorie-free sugar alternative, there are:
- The cook and total time are for the Instant Pot version only.
- The total cook time does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to get to pressure and the time for the natural pressure release. Plan for additional time.
- For fewer calories and carbs, substitute the coconut sugar/dark brown sugar with a calorie-free sugar substitute.
- 1 Freestyle points per serving
- 5 PointsPlus points per serving
What to Serve with Instant Pot Orange Chicken
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 580mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 8.1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.6mg