Instant Pot Baked Apples
These Instant Pot Baked Apples come together with 5 mins of cook time and 4 pantry staple ingredients.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 250 ml 1 cup gingerbeer in the pot
- 4 apples, cored I used pink lady
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 3 tbsp sweet dried cranberries
Add the ginger beer into the instant Pot insert and sit the apples directly in the ginger beer.
Season with the ground ginger and add in the dried cranberries.
Cover your Instant Pot, set the vent to 'sealing,' select the manual or pressure cook button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 5 mins.
When done do a quick pressure release (QPR) for firm apples or allow a natural pressure release (NPR) for softer apples.
Cook time does not include time to come up to pressure or for pressure to release.
Healthy Baked Apple Tips
- Please note this timing is for medium sized apples. Large apples may need more time and smaller apples may need less.
- The apple skin will split in the Instant Pot. Simply just tap it back together and you are good to go.
- You can certainly double the recipe especially if you have a large Instant Pot.
- You can use a little bit of sweetener if you want even sweeter apples.
- This was designed to be a Weight Watchers dessert so low in sugar and butter. If you don’t mind the extra calories then add some sugar and butter to your taste.
What to Serve with Pressure Cooker Baked Apples
You can serve this dish with…
- Low Fat Yogurt
- Low Carb Granola for a healthy side
- Low Carb Ice Cream – for more guilt-free treat
- Lots of regular Ice cream, whipped cream and crumbled biscuits for an absolutely indulgent treat
Weight Watchers Points in Instant Pot Baked Apples
There are 3 Freestyle points in each serving of these pressure cooker baked apples.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.4mg