Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Wraps
These wraps are an easy lunch meal prep recipe that kids and adults alike will love.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 2 large avocados mashed
- 240 g 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, lightly smashed
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime chutney mild, not hot
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 roti or other wraps
Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Wraps: Tips
What to Serve with These Vegan Roti Wraps
A few more packed lunch ideas:
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can use a 400g (14 oz) tin of chickpeas, drained.
- You can assemble Chickpea and Avocado Wraps earlier in the day or right before you eat. Adding the filling earlier in the day and packing them in a lunchbox will lead to a softer wrap because the juices will soak into the wrap. Alternatively, you can mix all filling ingredients, place it in a container and store in an insulated cool bag. Assemble the wraps right before you eat.
- Feel free to add other fillings. If you want to bulk up your wraps with other veggies like spinach, bell peppers, etc., feel free to do so.
- Rotis are highly recommended, but tortillas will work as well.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 489mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 9.6mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2.1mg