Cream Cheese Dip
This warm Cream Cheese Dip is perfect for your game day party of as an appetizer at any event!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 294 kcal
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (75 g) Cubed smoked pancetta or sliced smoked bacon
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded Gruyère
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp caramelised onion jam
- Tortilla chips for serving.
Preheat oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook pancetta or bacon until crispy. Drain and remove the pancetta (or bacon) and set aside.
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl and beat with hand held or electric mixer until combined and fluffy.
Fold in the cheeses, pancetta or bacon and caramelised onions jam.
Transfer to a small baking dish and bake in hot oven until bubbly, about 20 mins.
Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.
- You can make your own caramelised onions if you do not have caramelized onion jam in your pantry.
- Add a spicy flavour with jalapenos or your favourite chilies for an adults only gathering.
- Sliced smoked bacon works well in place of pancetta. " Serve with chips, tortillas, crostini or chopped veggies.
What to Serve with This Bacon Onion Cream Cheese Dip
Chopped vegetables to keep it low carb.
Recipe slightly adapted from Delish.com
Cream Cheese Dip
Amount Per Serving
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27g 42%
Saturated Fat 14g 70%
Cholesterol 76mg 25%
Sodium 355mg 15%
Potassium 140mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 3g 1%
Protein 9g 18%
Vitamin A 15.7%
Vitamin C 0.9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.