Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Make delicious air fryer chicken thighs with this quick and easy recipe.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (0.25 lb / 240g each)
- 1/3 cup (35 g) almond flour
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence or dried mixed herbs
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning or Creole seasoning or ground coriander
- Cooking spray
Preheat the air fryer to 200C.
Mix together almond flour, Parmesan cheese, paprika, Herbes de Provence, Cajun or other seasoning.
Lightly spray both sides of the chicken thighs with a calorie-controlled cooking spray (or if not following a calorie-controlled diet, rub with olive oil).
Cover both sides of the chicken with the coating mix and place in the air fryer basket. Make sure the chicken thighs are not touching.
Cook for 10-16 mins, depending on the size of the chicken. Mine took 14 mins. I recommend aiming for 12min and checking with a meat thermometer to make sure the centre of the meat reaches 74C (165 F).
Tips for Making Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Weight Watchers Points in Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
There are 4 Freestyle points in each serving of Air Fryer Chicken Thighs.
- Make sure the chicken is not touching. This allows maximum air circulation inside the fryer, so your chicken will cook evenly and turn out nicely crispy.
- The seasoning mixture can be varied to suit your taste. Try swapping the Cajun seasoning for a combination of ground coriander, garlic powder and onion powder. Or, add a bit of heat with some cayenne or red chilli flakes.
- Don't leave your chicken sitting in the coating for too long as it can go soggy. Coat both sides and then get them in the fryer ASAP!
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 289mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1.7mg