Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Wake up to a delicious healthy egg dish with this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
- 14 oz 400g chopped tomatoes 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tsp of jalapeño slices
- Chili powder to taste optional
- 1 lb (450g) chicken breasts
- 14 oz (400g tin) black bean, drained
- 12 oz (325g tin) sweet corn, drained
Add all ingredients to the IP insert starting with chicken stock and add beans and corn last. Don't mix.
Cover your Instant Pot and set the valve to the SEALING position.
Select the manual or pressure cook button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 8 mins.
When done let the steam release naturally, open and remove the chicken from the pot.
Shred chicken with a fork and add back in to the Instant Pot and mix.
Serve your chicken tortilla soup with topping of your choice.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Cook time does not include time to come up to pressure or for pressure to release.
- It’s important to add the chicken stock first.
- Add beans and corn last and don’t mix together.
- You can add more spice if you’d like but also eliminate completely.
Weight Watchers Points in Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
There are 4 Freestyle points per serving of Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- Top your pressure cooker chicken tortilla soup with “Corn Tortillas.” These are Vegan and Gluten-Free.
- Serve with some guacamole and / or sour cream.
- Add in some Instant Pot Brown Rice to bulk it out.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 667mg | Potassium: 920mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 13.1mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3.4mg