Red Potato Salad
Red Potato Salad is an easy and delicious side dish perfect for a holiday potluck or summer picnic.
Servings 8 people
- 3 lb (1.35kg) red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1.5 cups (260g) cooked sweetcorn kernels
- 2 red bell pepper deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 scallions (spring onions) finely chopped
Potato Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 5-6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp spicy mustard
Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, add potatoes and boil for 6-8 mins (or until tender but firm).
Bring another pot of water to the boil. Add eggs and boil for 10 mins. Remove and place in an ice water bath. Once cool, peel and chop.
Add potato, eggs, sweet corns, peppers and scallions in a bowl.
Mix together the salad dressing ingredients and add to the salad and mix.
Chill until time to serve.
- This recipe feeds 8 but you can increase the recipe as needed.
- Cut your potatoes to be the same size to avoid overcooked or undercooked pieces.
- You can leave the potato skin on or peel.
- Red potatoes are the best for this recipe but you can use what you have on hand.
- If you don’t have apple cider vinegar you can swap out for what you have stored in your pantry.
- Chill or serve warm.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 974mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1275IU | Vitamin C: 55.4mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2.2mg