Air Fryer Plantains
You'll love Air Fryer Plantains as a snack, side or main course.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 plantain
- 3/4 tsp oil
- salt to taste
Preheat air fryer to 350F /180C
Peel the plantain and cut into slices and add to a bowl.
Gently mix in the oil and salt until plantains are coated on both sides.
Put half the plantain slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Cook for 10 mins turning half way through.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 5 Freestyle Points in one serving of Air Fryer Plantains.
- Air Fryer temperatures will vary. Please check on your food after a few minutes.
- Make sure the plantain slices are not touching to allow your Air Fryer Plantains to cook evenly and allow for maximum air circulation.
- Cook time will depend on the size of your plantains.
- Use oil sparingly in the air fryer.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom or nutmeg as a finishing spice. You can also change the oil to suit your dietary needs.
- Serve warm. If making a big batch, place your cooked Air Fryer Plantains in a warm oven to keep temperature.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1010IU | Vitamin C: 16.5mg | Iron: 0.5mg