Beetroot Covered Chocolate Truffles
These stunning Beetroot Covered Chocolate Truffles make the perfect foodie gift.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
refrigeration 5 hours
Total Time 35 minutes
- 171 g (3/4 cup) butter
- 384 g (3 cups) sugar
- 147 ml (1 5oz can) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 340 g (2 cups) dark chocolate chips
- 198 g (1 jar) marshmallow fluff marshmallow creme
- beetroot powder
Line and lightly oil a 15x10x1-in baking tray.
Combine the butter, sugar and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Cook, stirring constantly, until the thermometer reads (112 C) 235 F.
Remove the mixture from the heat; stir in the vanilla and the chocolate chips until chocolate is melted.
Mix in the marshmallow creme until well combined.
Transfer the truffle mix into the prepared tray and refrigerate, uncovered, for minimum 5 hrs or until firm.
Cut the truffle mix into truffle size pieces, form into balls and then roll each truffle in the beetroot powder.
Store in the refrigerator till needed.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 6 Freestyle Points in a serving of Beetroot Covered Chocolate Truffles.
- In addition to the beetroot powder, you can also roll the truffles in cocoa powder or finely chopped nuts. Or, you can use all 3 to make a flavourful assortment.
- To avoid staining your hands red, wear plastic gloves when rolling the truffles in the beetroot powder.
- The number of truffles this recipe yields depends on how big or small you make them. I was able to get approximately 30 truffles that were 1-inch round.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 58mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.1mg