Instant Pot Carrot Soup
A warming carrot soup recipe that is just perfect for fall.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Vegan Instant Pot Carrot Soup Ingredients:
- cooking spray for stovetop version
- 3.5 lbs (1.6kg) carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 bell pepper deseeded and chopped
- 4 green onions (spring onions) sliced
- 2 tsp ginger purée
- 2 tsp garlic purée
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground pimento (allspice)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- scotch bonnet pepper to taste (optional)
- 5 1/2 cups (1.35 l) vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) half fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Instant Pot Carrot Soup Instructions:
Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot insert. Place the lid on your Instant Pot and lock. Set the vent to 'sealing,' position.
Select the manual or pressure cook button (depending upon the Instant Pot model), select high pressure and set the timer to 7 minutes.
When cook time is done, release the pressure with a quick pressure release.
Then let the Jamaican carrot soup cool for a few mins before puréeing with an immersion blender.
Dish up into bowls, add the toppings of your choice, and serve.
Vegan Carrot Soup Stovetop Instructions:
Heat a soup pot on stovetop over medium heat and spray bottom with cooking spray.
Add in the sliced green onions and sauté for 30 seconds.
Then add carrots, pepper, ginger, garlic, cumin, thyme, pimento, nutmeg ans scotch bonnet (if using) and stir for 1 minute so the flavors develop.
Pour in the stock, add salt and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
Switch off heat and allow the soup to cool. Then purée using an immersion blender.
Next, add in the coconut milk mix well and adjust the seasonings to suit your taste.
Warm the curried carrot soup thoroughly and garnish with toppings of your choice before serving.
Carrot Soup Instant Pot Tips
- Cook time does not include time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure, or for the pressure to release.
- For a thicker soup reduce the liquid by about a half of cup. For a thinner soup add an extra cup of stock.
- You can use a tabletop blender if you don't have an immersion blender.
- If not vegan, feel free to use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock.
- You can also make this soup with full fat coconut milk if desired.
- Using green onions gives you all the flavor without the longer cook time.
Instant Pot Carrot Soup Weight Watchers Points
There is just 1 Freestyle SmartPoint in a serving of this vegan carrot soup recipe.
Pressure Cooker Carrot Soup Serving Suggestions
Homemade Corn Tortillas.
Air Fryer Crispy Tofu.
Instant Pot Quinoa.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 797mg | Potassium: 731mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 34550IU | Vitamin C: 52.3mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg