Crispy Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
This recipe for air fryer eggplant parmesan is quick, easy and full of great flavor!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 11 minutes
Air Fryer Eggplant Ingredients:
- 1 large eggplant cut into half-inch thick slices
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup marinara sauce
- ⅔ cup grated mozzarella cheese
Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Instructions:
Preheat the air fryer to 250 F / 180 C.
Sprinkle salt onto the eggplant slices and leave to stand for 20 mins and then pat dry.
In a shallow bowl or plate, combine the breadcrumbs with the parmesan.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
Next dip each eggplant slices in egg until they are coated and let excess egg drip.
Then dredge the eggplant slices in the breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides. Then set aside.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or oil, then add the breaded eggplant slices.
Cook for 7-9 mins, until soft.
Open the air fryer and then top the eggplant with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Cook for an additional 2 mins, till the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Remove your eggplant parmesan and serve.
Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Tips
- You can use regular breadcrumbs or even crushed cornflakes rather than gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Season the egg or the breadcrumbs (or both!) for extra flavour.
- Serve with a lovely green salad or a dish of pasta to make it a more substantial meal.
- Air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model. I recommend starting with less cooking time, checking food for doneness, and then adding more time as needed.
Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Weight Watchers Points
There are 4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of Air Fryer Eggplant Parm.
Air Fryer Eggplant Parm Serving Suggestions
Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad
Orange, Pistachio & Pomegranate Couscous Salad
Crunchy Veggie Rainbow Salad
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1mg