Slow Cooker Weight Watchers Turkey Chili
This is a delicious, affordable and healthy meal prep solution the whole family will love.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Slow Cooker Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Ingredients:
- 2 onions diced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1.3 lbs (600g) ground lean turkey or ground lean chicken
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- 42 oz (14 oz cans) kidney beans drained
- 3- 142 oz (14 oz cans) chopped/diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Low calorie cooking spray
Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Slow Cooker Version Instructions:
To make this delicious slow cooker turkey chili, start by spraying a pan with low calorie cooking spray.
Cook the onions and peppers on the stove top for 5 mins till they’re soft.
Add turkey and cook till it’s brown. If you have lots of excess water inside the pan, make sure to drain it.
Next place the turkey, cooked vegetables, and all the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
Mix the ingredients for the crockpot turkey chili recipe together in the crockpot.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hrs or low for 6 hrs.
Serve and enjoy.
Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Stove Top Version Instructions:
Add all your ingredients for the Weight Watchers Turkey Chili to your pot and bring it to a boil.
Then reduce the heat to low.
Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 30 mins.
If you want thicker chili, then cook partially uncovered for the last 10 mins.
Serve and enjoy.
Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Recipe Tips
- If you aren’t a fan of any of the beans I’ve listed here, you can easily change any of the beans out for other varieties.
- In order to keep the slow cooker turkey chili recipe a 0 freestyle point Weight Watchers recipe, you need to make sure to use sugar-free tomato paste.
- You also need to use turkey breast (or chicken breast mince) that is 99% fat-free or healthier to keep this a 0 point Weight Watchers compliant.
- The toppings you choose will affect the Weight Watchers points calculation. Keep an eye on the point values for the ones you choose to include.
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Weight Watchers Points
There are 0 Freestyle SmartPoints in one serving of turkey chili.
To keep it zero WW points, make sure to use sugar-free tomato paste, 99% fat free ground turkey (or chicken), and make smart choices for toppings, as those can change the points value.
Slow Cooker Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Serving Suggestions
Easy Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes.
Instant Pot cornbread.
Instant Pot white rice.
You can also use it as a topping for Air Fryer Hot Dogs.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 993mg | Potassium: 1298mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 966IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 7mg