Healthy Moroccan Lamb Stew
This Moroccan Lamb Stew recipe is a healthy one-pot dish that is full of complex and bold flavour.
Lamb Stew Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic purée
- 1 tsp ginger purée
- 450 g 1 lb lean lamb cubed
- 2 400 g (2 x 14 oz) tins chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken or beef stock
- 400 g (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 75 g (2/3 cup) soft dried apricots quartered
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- salt to taste
- 75 g (2/3 cup) spinach leaves
- 4 tbsp toasted almonds for topping
Lamb Stew Instructions:
Heat oil in a pot, then add the onions and cook for 5 mins.
Add in spices, garlic and ginger, and stir for 30 secs, till fragrant.
Next add the lamb, mix and cook for about 5 mins, till the lamb starts to brown.
Add the remaining ingredients through the salt.
Stir and bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hr, till lamb is tender.
Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed to suit your taste.
Add in the spinach and cook for a few mins till the leaves are just wilted.
Serve your Moroccan Lamb Stew warm and topped with toasted almonds.
Lamb Stew Tips
- Double (or even triple) this recipe to easily feed a crowd.
- If desired, you can swap the dried apricots for dried figs.
- For a more substantial meal, serve with a side of quinoa or brown rice.
Lamb Stew Serving Suggestions
Lamb Stew is a wonderful one-pot meal that can be served solo. However, it is also quite lovely accompanied by one of the following side dishes:
Instant Pot Quinoa
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Perfect Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Lamb Stew Weight Watchers Points
There are 6 Freestyle SmartPoints in one serving of this Moroccan Lamb Stew.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 732mg | Potassium: 1321mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 2910IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 7mg