Instant Pot Steak Fajitas
These Instant Pot Steak Fajitas are a versatile, Tex-Mex family favorite that is quick and simple to make.
Instant Pot Steak Fajitas Ingredients
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 lbs (450g) sirloin steak or flank steak cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 bell peppers (multi-color) deseeded, and sliced into big strips
- 1 onion peeled and cut into half rings
- Juice of 1-2 limes to suit your taste
Instant Pot Steak Fajitas Instructions
Pour your stock into the Instant Pot insert.
Add beef strips and seasoning to the Instant Pot insert.
Top your Instant Pot Steak with the peppers and onions.
Put your Instant Pot lid on, lock and set to high pressure / manual pressure for 8 mins. If you have a tougher cut of beef, set it for 9 mins.
Perform a Quick Pressure Release, then open the lid and pour the lime juice over top of your Instant Pot Fajitas.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the Instant Pot steak, peppers and onions and set in serving dish.
Serve your Instant Pot Steak Fajitas in tortillas with quinoa or rice and your choice of toppings.
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas Instructions
Add all the ingredients in the slow cooker, then add 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
Cook on high for 3-4 hrs. Cooking for 3.5 hrs works best for me. Or, if you need a longer cook time, cook on low for 6-7 hrs.
Shred meat if necessary and serve with tortillas and your choice of toppings.
Steak Fajitas Stovetop Instructions
Mix 2 Tbsp of olive oil with juice of 1 lime with your taco seasoning. Use this as a marinade for the beef.
On the stovetop in a pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Add the peppers and onions to the pan and cook for 4-5 mins.
Remove veggies from the pan and set aside. Add the steak strips to the pan.
Cook steak strips for 7-8 mins, then add the marinade to the pan with the steak.
Next, add the veggies back in and stir for 1 min.
Serve your stovetop steak fajitas with tortillas and your choice of toppings.
Instant Pot Steak Fajitas Tips
- Cook time noted does not include time for Instant Pot to come up to pressure or for the pressure to release.
- Make sure to cut the steak against the grain when you’re cutting your Instant Pot Steak into strips.
- Slice the veggies into thicker strips so when they cook they don’t turn into mush and break apart.
- Feel free to use chicken or vegetable stock instead of beef stock.
- If you like your fajitas with a little heat, add in some chili powder, cayenne or chipotle pepper.
- To keep this recipe gluten free, make sure to use gluten free tortillas.
- Don’t have beef? No worries, just make these tasty Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas instead.
- You can brown the steak in Instant Pot before adding the veggies, but this recipe is simple enough that you don’t have to.
Instant Pot Steak Fajitas Weight Watchers Points
There are 3 Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of Instant Pot Steak Fajitas.
Instant Pot Steak Fajitas Serving Suggestions
Instant Pot Mexican Rice
Dump and Start Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa
Instant Pot Black Beans
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2888IU | Vitamin C: 116mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg