Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps are light, healthy and packed full of flavor.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Ingredients:
- ¾ cup (180ml) chicken broth
- 1 lb (500g) boneless, skinless chicken breast approximately 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato salsa
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 8 large lettuce leaves for wraps
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Instructions:
Pour the Chicken Broth into the Instant Pot insert and add in chicken breasts.
Next, mix the taco seasoning with the salsa and add it on top of the chicken breasts. DO NOT MIX IT IN WITH CHICKEN.
Cover your Instant Pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
Select Manual/Pressure Cooker setting and set to high pressure for 8 mins (thin chicken breasts) or 10 mins for thicker cut chicken breasts.
Allow for a complete Natural Pressure Release, then transfer the Instant Pot Salsa Chicken to a plate and shred it.
Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and cook the remaining liquid until it reduces to about half.
Turn off the heat, add the shredded Instant Pot Salsa Chicken back in and stir to combine.
Serve the shredded chicken in lettuce wraps, with toppings of your choice.
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps Tips
- Cooking time listed does not include time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure or for the pressure to release.
- Do NOT mix the chicken and salsa together when you add to the Instant Pot insert. You want to keep that salsa off the bottom of the Instant Pot and avoid that dreaded burn notice.
- In order to stick to Keto, Paleo and Whole30 dietary guidelines, make sure to check the ingredients in your taco seasoning.
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps Weight Watchers Points
There are 0 (yeap, zero!) Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of these keto chicken wraps.
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Serving Suggestions
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Air Fryer Mexican Corn on the Cob
- And if not following a low carb diet, I highly recommend making these amazing homemade corn tortillas.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 769mg | Potassium: 733mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3900IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg