Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto with Pumpkin
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto is creamy, satisfying and full of flavor.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto Ingredients
- 1 lb (450g) mushrooms I used chestnut mushrooms
- 2 cups (370g) aborio risotto rice
- 1/2 cup (118ml) white wine
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup (115g) pumpkin purée
- 4 1/2 cups (1125ml) vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup (35g) grated vegan parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto Instructions
Select the sauté setting on the Instant Pot and add oil into the insert.
Add mushrooms and then cook until they have released moisture and start to brown.
Mix in the rice and stir until rice starts to turn translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Then add wine, deglaze the instant pot insert and cook until it is mostly evaporated.
Add in the green onions, pumpkin purée, and vegetable stock. Do not mix!
Cover, seal, a set to high pressure, manual for 5 minutes (al dentor 6 minutes for softer rice.
Cook till done, switch off and perform a quick pressure release.
The Instant Pot Risotto might look soupy, but that is okay. Stir with a wooden spoon, add in Parmesan and adjust seasonings.
Serve topped with additional Parmesan and freshly chopped parsley.
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto Tips
- Add aaaaaaaaaaaaall the cheese you want to your taste. The more cheese the merrier, I alway say.
- I find it quicker and easier to fry the mushrooms on the stove top and then add to the Instant Pot once cooked.
- Feel free to change up the stock you use to suit your taste. You can use chicken stock if you are not vegan.
- If you prefer you can use water instead of stock.
- Feel free to use different types of mushrooms – see below for more information.
- Make sure to serve your Pressure Cooker Risotto hot as it is unappealingly stodgy if served cold.
- Don’t use your posh wine for this, and definitely use leftover wine if you have it.
- If you don't have wine, you can use a mix of vinegar and water instead.
Pressure Cooker Mushroom Risotto Weight Watchers Points
There are 8 Freestyle SmartPoints in one serving of Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
This recipe is a great stand-alone main meal recipe and can be served as is. However, feel free to serve alongside:
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 736mg | Potassium: 369mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3612IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 4mg