Crockpot Three Bean Chili (Gluten-free, Vegan)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 pepper bell, deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 14 0z (400g) can black-eyed beans drained
- 14 oz (400g) can kidney beans drained
- 14 oz (400g) can pinto beans veggie ones, drained
- 250 g (8.8oz) peeled and diced butternut squash
- 7 0z (200g) frozen corn kernels thawed
- 14 oz (400g) can diced tomato
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable broth
Make it in the Crockpot
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and pepper for about 5 mins till softened, stir in the garlic paste, followed by the spices and herbs and cook for a further min.
Transfer mix into a slow cooker, add in the rest of the ingredients, season with salt, cover and cook on high for 4 hr. Check after 3.5 hrs, and if the three bean chilli needs a bit more time then cook until done.
Serve with some rice, corn tortilla and fresh coriander.
Make it on the Stovetop
Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and pepper for about 5 minutes till softened.
Stir in the garlic paste, followed by the spices and herbs and cook for a further minute.
Add in the rest of the ingredients, season with salt, mix, bring to the boil. The reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 35 mins until thickened and done. Add some broth if dries out during cooking. Adjust seasoning before serving.
Weight Watchers Points in Slow Cooker Three Bean Chilli
If you replace the 2 tsp olive oil used for frying with a calorie-controlled cooking spray, there are:
- 0 Freestyle points per serving
- 5 PointsPlus points per serving
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 789mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3620IU | Vitamin C: 15.9mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 4.8mg