Crockpot Three Bean Chili (Gluten-free, Vegan)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 pepper bell, deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or less if making for kids
- 400 g (14oz) tin black-eyed beans drained
- 400 g (14oz) tin kidney beans drained
- 400 g (14oz) tin pinto beans veggie ones, drained
- 250 g (8.8oz) peeled and diced butternut squash
- 200 g (7oz) frozen corn kernels thawed
- 400 g (14oz) chopped tomato
- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and pepper for about 5 mins till softened, stir in the garlic paste, followed by the spices and herbs and cook for a further min.
Transfer mix into a slow cooker, add in the rest of the ingredients, season with salt, cover and cook on high for 4 hr. Check after 3.5 hrs, and if the three bean chilli needs a bit more time then cook until done.
Serve with some rice, corn tortilla and fresh coriander.
Weight Watchers Points in Slow Cooker Three Bean Chilli
If you replace the 2 tsp olive oil used for frying with a calorie-controlled cooking spray, there are:
- 0 Freestyle points per serving
- 5 PointsPlus points per serving
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 789mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3620IU | Vitamin C: 15.9mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 4.8mg