Mushroom Asparagus Pasta
Mushroom Asparagus Pasta is creamy, healthy and ready in a jiffy.
- 250 g (8.8 oz) pasta
- 150 g asparagus, woody stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g (8.8oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 180 ml (0.75 cup) vegetable stock
- 180 ml (0.75 cup) double cream
- 100 g (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp orange juice (good quality orange juice)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of chopped coriander (cilantro)
Cook the pasta according to packet directions. About 4 mins before the pasta is done add in the asparagus. When the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms for about 10 mins until soft.
Add in the spring onion and garlic and cook for a couple of mins
Reduce the heat to low, add the vegetable stock followed by the cream and mix until well combined, bring to a simmer before adding in the Parmesan cheese and mixing till melted. Stir in the orange juice.
Mix in the pasta and asparagus, season well and switch off the heat.
Top with the coriander before serving.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free pasta.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1160IU | Vitamin C: 6.2mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2.1mg