Basil Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
This easy Basil Strawberry Rhubarb Jam is full of fresh flavor and gorgeous colour.
- 250 g (8.8oz) rhubarb thinly sliced
- 500 g (1.1lb) strawberries halved
- 600 g (1.3lb) sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 15 large fresh basil leaves
Mix together rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and basil in a non-reactive bowl and let stand for about 1 hour.
Add mixture to a large pot, and cook on medium heat till sugar dissolves.
Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a roiling simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
Test the jam for doneness. If not ready then cook for a few more minutes.
Remove pot from heat and allow the jam to cool.
Pour jam into sterilised jars, seal and keep in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
Tips for Making Basil Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Weight Watchers Points in Basil Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
There are 4 Freestyle Points in a serving of this Basil Strawberry Rhubarb Jam.
What To Serve With Basil Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Coconut Plantain Pancakes
5 Minute Yogurt Flatbread
- Sterilise your jars and lids by submerging them in boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
- Change up the flavour profile by swapping the basil for fresh thyme or adding in a little balsamic vinegar.
- You can freeze this jam for longer term storage. Just remember to leave a half inch of space at the top of the jar to allow room for the jam to expand.
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Potassium: 46mg | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 9.8mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.1mg