Easy Pumpkin Pancakes
These Easy Pumpkin Pancakes are full of delicious fall flavors.
- 1 cup (115g) flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (177mL) milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- olive oil for frying
Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk into a pancake batter. It does not matter if a few lumps remain. This is a thick batter but if it seems too thick, add in 1 or so tablespoons of milk.
Heat some olive oil in griddle or non stick pan over medium heat, and ladle about ¼ cup batter onto the hot pan for each pancake.
Cook pancakes for about 2 minutes until small bubbles start to form on top.
Flip and cook for 30-60 seconds until golden.
Repeat until all the batter is cooked.
- Wait for the pancakes to start bubbling before flipping them. They won’t be ready to flip before they start to bubble.
- To help get fluffy pancakes, don’t be afraid to leave a few lumps in your batter and let the batter rest for 10 minutes before starting to cook them. I use this time to heat the griddle or skillet, set the table, etc.
- If you’re making a big batch of them, keep the cooked pancakes warm by storing in the oven on a wire rack on a baking sheet for 5-10 minutes at 200F / 94C.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 4 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3266IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 2mg