Toasted Black Sesame Frozen Yoghurt
A deliciously different toasted black sesame frozen yoghurt that is sugar free
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 500 g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp honey or more for a sweeter treat
Toast the sesame seeds for about 3 mins on medium heat.
Transfer seeds to a pestle and mortar and grind until they form a paste.
The smoother the paste the smoother the texture of the frozen yoghurt will be - so you might want to spend a bit of time getting a smooth paste.
Mix the sesame paste with all the other ingredients and chill for a few hours.
Pour mix into your ice cream maker and follow your machines instructions.
Eat immediately or freeze for later.
Toasted Black Sesame Frozen Yoghurt Tips
- Since I used a very thick strained Greek yoghurt it only took 10 mins in my ice cream maker.
- Mine was a very thick mixture that I could not pour in through the funnel of the ice cream maker. I had to open up the machine and add in the mix before pressing go.
- You can add in a tsp or 2 of tahini if you want a stronger sesame taste.
- You can buy black sesame paste in Asian shops. I reckon you should substitute in about 2 tbsp paste instead of 3 tbsp seeds.
Weight Watchers Points
There are just 2 Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of Toasted Black Sesame Frozen Yoghurt.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 207mg | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 203mg | Iron: 1.1mg