Creamy Pea Soup
This colorful is an easy, fuss-free, flavourful appetizer, light lunch or comfort food dink, dish that is ready to serve in less than 15 mins.
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds optional
- 2 green onion (spring onion), chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb (450g) peas fresh or frozen
- 3 cups (750ml) water or stock
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Make On The Stovetop
Heat the pot and toast the cumin seeds for about 1 min until they are fragrant.
Then add peas, sliced green onions, garlic and water, bring to the boil and simmer for 8 minutes
Remove from heat, stir in the mint and let the soup cool.
Purée the soup, then add in salt and pepper to taste.
Make In The Instant Pot
Add all the ingredients into the Instant Pot Insert.
Cover your Instant Pot, turn the valve to ‘sealing,’ select the pressure cook or manual button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure, and set the timer for 2 minutes.
When done, perform a quick pressure release and carefully open the lid.
Let the Instant Pot Soup cool down a bit before carefully pureeing it with an immersion blender.
Adjust seasonings, and serve.
- Make this with fresh, frozen or even canned peas.
- You can easily add in another 1/2 cup (120mls )of water or stock if you prefer a thinner soup.
- ThSoup can be really hot, so make sure it cools down before you blend it.
- You can decant it into a blender to purée (after it has cooled down).
- If you want a thicker soup, then remove about a half to one cup of liquid before you purée.
- There is 1 Blue Plan SmartPoint in a serving of this Soup.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 970IU | Vitamin C: 46.6mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg