Vegan Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup
A warming pumpkin soup recipe that is just perfect for fall.
Course Main Course, Soup
Cuisine American, Vegan, Western
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes minutes
Vegan Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup Ingredients:
- cooking spray for stovetop version
- 1.75 lbs (800g) pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions (spring onions) sliced
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp ginger purée
- 1 tsp garlic purée
- 1 tsp curry powder or to taste
- 3 cups (750 ml) vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) half fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup Instructions:
Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot insert. Place the lid on your Instant Pot and lock. Set the vent to 'sealing,' position.
Select the manual or pressure cook button (depending upon the Instant Pot model), select high pressure and set the timer to 7 minutes.
When cook time is done, release the pressure with a quick pressure release.
Then let the curried pumpkin soup cool for a few mins before puréeing with an immersion blender.
Dish up into bowls, add the toppings of your choice, and serve.
Vegan Pumpkin Soup Stovetop Instructions:
Heat a soup pot on stovetop over medium heat and spray bottom with cooking spray.
Add in the sliced green onions and sauté for 30 seconds.
Then add ginger, garlic, curry powder, pumpkin and carrot and stir for 1 minute so the flavors develop.
Pour in the stock and tomatoes, add salt and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft.
Switch off heat and allow the soup to cool. Then purée using an immersion blender.
Next, add in the coconut milk mix well and adjust the seasonings to suit your taste.
Warm the curried pumpkin soup thoroughly and garnish with toppings of your choice before serving.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup Tips
- Cook time does not include time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure, or for the pressure to release.
- For a thicker soup reduce the liquid by about a half of cup. For a thinner soup add an extra cup of stock.
- If not vegan, feel free to use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock.
- You can also make this soup with full fat coconut milk if desired.
- Using green onions gives you all the flavor without the longer cook time.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup Weight Watchers Points
There is just 1 Freestyle SmartPoint in a serving of this vegan pumpkin soup recipe.
Vegan Pumpkin Soup Serving Suggestions
Homemade Corn Tortillas.
Air Fryer Crispy Tofu.
Dump and Start Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 733mg | Potassium: 902mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 20450IU | Vitamin C: 29.9mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2.1mg