Road Trip Chocolate Chip Cookies
Lovely chocolate chip cookies
- 530 g (2cup + 2 tbsp.) flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tbsp) salted butter melted (or browned!) and slightly cooled
- 220 g (1 cup) brown sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk at room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 90 g (1/2 cup) halved Rolo candies
- 30 g (1/2 cup) coarsely chopped, plain potato chips
- 60 g (1/3 cup) mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and sugars until combined. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until well mixed. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until a stiff dough forms. Gently fold in Rolos, potato chips, and chocolate chips into the dough until evenly distributed.
Shape dough into walnut-sized balls (I use a cookie scoop), and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet (the parchment is important for these, since the caramel can ooze out and stick to the pan terribly).
Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown. Be careful not to overbake.
Let cool for a few minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving: 36cookies | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 46mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.8mg