Instant Pot Mashed Potato Recipe
A fluffy, creamy, and perfect Instant Pot Mashed Potato recipe.
- 1.4 kg (3lb) potatoes peeled and washed
- 1.2 litre (4.25 cups) water
- 3 tbsp butter (dairy-free butter if vegan)
- 3 tbsp double cream (heavy cream) (almond milk if vegan)
- 1 small spring onion (scallion) finely minced (optional)
Add the potatoes, water and 1.5 tsp salt to the Instant Pot bowl.
Cover and seal the Instant Pot.
Select the steam programme, set timer for about 12 mins and let cook till done.
Allow the Instant Pot pressure to reduce naturally, this may take about 15 minutes.
Drain the water and leave the potatoes in the Instant pot bowl.
Mash the potatoes using a potato masher till they are done.
Then add in the butter, double cream, minced scallion (if using) and season with salt to taste and mix.
Serve and enjoy.
Weight Watchers Points
One serving of Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes has 6 Freestyle Points.
- Make sure the potatoes are roughly the same size.
- If you have very large potatoes then cut them in half.
- You can add some cream cheese, parmesan or other herbs like chives, parsley to your taste.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 722mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 5.7mg