Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 cups (160g) steel cut oats
- 2 cups (475 ml) almond milk or soya or other non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 tsp olive oil optional, but helps prevent oats from sticking
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or vanilla essence optional
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice optional
Coat your pan in cooking spray or olive oil to help prevent the oats from sticking.
Add the ingredients to the bowl of the Instant Pot and mix well.
Cover the pot and set the valve to seal, select the manual function (at high pressure), and set the timer for 10 mins for chewy oats or 14 min for creamer oats. Allow to cook till done.
Let the steam release naturally about 10-15 mins before opening.
Stir well before serving so the oats thicken.
The total cook time does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to get to pressure and the time for the natural pressure release. Plan for additional time.
Double or triple this recipe to feed a crowd. To feed a crowd, just remember this ratio for steel cut Instant Pot oats: 160g (1 cup) oats to 700ml (3 cups) liquid.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 5 Freestyle Points in a serving of Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 157mg | Fiber: 4g | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 1.7mg