Pineapple Fried Rice
Pineapple Fried Rice is the perfect way to use up all those leftovers!
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely diced
- 1 large red bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 250 g (1.5 cups) chopped pineapple
- 90 g (0.5 cups) sweetcorn kernels
- 500 g (2.5 cups) cooked brown rice that has been chilled
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce or regular soy sauce if not gluten-free
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 spring onions (scallions), sliced
- optional: herbs or chill to taste
Heat oil in a wok or cast iron pan till hot.
Fry the onion and peppers for 5 mins until the onions are soft.
Add the pineapple and sweet corn and stir fry for approximately 3 mins until the pineapple juices have evaporated
Then add in the rice and stir fry for 2-3 mins until the rice is warmed through.
Switch off the heat, mix in the tamari soy sauce, sesame oil and spring onions.
Pineapple Fried Rice Tips
- Use chilled rice. This will ensure that that rice does not stick together – this is why using leftover rice for this recipe is so perfect!
- Separate the rice grains. Separating the rice grains before it goes into the pot means that the rice grains stay separate and the flavor works its way through every single grain.
- Be prepared. Everything cooks really quickly in this recipe so make sure you have all the ingredients prepped before you start cooking.
- Cook on high heat. Make sure the pan is hot enough before you start cooking (especially when you add the rice) so as to avoid the rice steaming and cooking in clumps.
- Use small amounts of sauce. Adding too much of the sauces would actually result in soggy rice. So start with small amounts and you can always add a little more.
- Use the right pan. A wok is the best pan to use for this as the shape makes it easier to toss the ingredients. If you don't have one then you can use a cast iron pan instead.
Pineapple Fried Rice Serving Suggestions
Instant Pot Chicken Breasts.
Vietnamese Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin.
Cilantro Lime Air Fryer Shrimp Skewers.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 342mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 31.4mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg