Ground Chicken Chili
A flavorful, satisfying chili that is so quick and easy to make!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound (453g) ground chicken
- 15 ounces 1 can (260g) kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander optional (but adds great flavor!)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 14 ½ ounces 1 can (250g) chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
Heat oil in pan over medium heat, add the onion and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
Stir in the garlic followed by the ground chicken, making sure to break it up.
Once chicken has browned, add in the beans, spices, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, and salt, mixing well.
Cover the pot (leaving slightly ajar) and simmer for 25 minutes until slightly thicker and the liquid has reduced.
Serve with toppings of your choice.
- Feel free to swap in ground turkey for the ground chicken.
- You can also substitute the kidney beans with black-eyed beans, Borlotti beans (cranberry beans), pinto beans, etc.
- Like it hot? Add cayenne pepper, diced jalapeño, or a dash of hot sauce.
Try some, or all, of these tasty topping ideas:
- Tortilla chips
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Black olives
- Avocado slices
Weight Watchers Points
There are 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this if you replace the oil with a calorie-controlled cooking spray.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 913mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 853IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 4mg