Instant Pot Three Bean Chilli
This three bean chilli is naturally gluten-free and vegan.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pepper (bell) deseeded and diced
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or less if making for kids
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2.5 tsp ground cumin
- 400 g (14oz) tin kidney beans drained
- 400 g (14oz) tin black-eyed beans drained
- 400 g (14oz) tin pinto beans veggie ones, drained
- 200 g (7oz) frozen corn kernels thawed
- 250 g (8.8oz) peeled and diced butternut squash
- 400 g (14oz) chopped tomato
- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
Set your Instant Pot to Sauté and add in the olive oil until hot.
Add the onion and pepper and sauté for 5 mins until softened.
Add in the stock and quickly deglaze the inner pot (by scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon) in case anything is stuck on.
Then add in the remaining ingredients ending with chopped tomatoes and beans on top. Do NOT stir.
Cover your Instant Pot, set the vent to seal, select the manual setting and set the timer to 8-10 mins (bigger squash pieces take 10 mins; smaller pieces may only need 8-9 mins - try and see which way you like it), and let the chilli cook under high pressure until done.
When done do a quick pressure release (QPR). When the chilli is ready, stir it thoroughly before serving with some rice, corn tortilla and fresh coriander.
Click here for a slow cooker version of this chilli.
Please note 8-10 mins is the time it cooks under pressure in the Instant Pot. This does not take into account the time it takes to come to pressure.
Weight Watchers Points in Instant Pot Three Bean Chilli
If you replace the 2 tsp olive oil used for frying with a calorie-controlled cooking spray, there are:
- 0 Freestyle points per serving
- 5 PointsPlus points per serving
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 845mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4445IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 4.5mg