Chinese Chicken Salad
This easy-to-make salad is bursting with fresh and tangy flavours.
Asian Salad Dressing:
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari soy sauce or regular if not gluten-free
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rapeseed canola oil
- 1/2-1 tsp honey to your taste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- Pinch of chilli flakes
Chinese Chicken Salad:
- 400 g (2 cups) cooked cubed chicken
- 150 g (2 cups) shredded lettuce
- 200 g (2 cups) shredded red cabbage
- 150 g (approx. 1 1/2 cups) cooked gluten-free rice noodles
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated, extra liquid squeezed out
- 1/2 red pepper deseeded and chopped
- 4 spring onions scallions sliced
- 1 handful of fresh coriander cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
To make the salad dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Assemble the salad by adding all the salad ingredients in a bowl, pour on the salad dressing and toss well and serve immediately.
You can use any chicken breast in this recipe, but I recommend Instant Pot Chicken Breast or an orange chicken recipe.
Weight Watchers Points in Chinese Chicken Salad
If you use cooked chicken breast, there are:
- Make sure you squeeze the liquid out of the carrots so that you don’t get excess liquid diluting that lovely salad dressing.
- For a crunchier salad, add the Asian Salad Dressing just before serving.
- But if you prefer, add the dressing / vinaigrette a couple of hours beforehand so the flavours meld together – but the salad will lose its crunch.
- Use a mandolin to julienne your vegetables, but you can use a knife / grater if you don’t have one.
- Feel free to use leftover chicken in this rather than cooking chicken from scratch. Same with leftover rice noodles.
- You can use turkey instead of chicken if you would prefer.
- Add more chicken or veggies to your taste.
- 4 Freestyle points per serving
- 7 PointsPlus points per serving
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 531mg | Potassium: 682mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3975IU | Vitamin C: 53.2mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.7mg