Instant Pot Vanilla Extract
Make Instant Pot Vanilla Extract in just a fraction of the time!
Servings 32 servings
- 6 vanilla beans split in half then cut
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 cup water
Prepare vanilla beans by slicing lengthwise and then cutting in half.
Place vodka and vanilla beans inside jars and seal the lids so they are finger tight.
Add the water to the Instant Pot Insert.
Place jars on the trivet inside the Instant Pot, close lid, seal, and set to high pressure for 30 mins.
Allow for a Natural Pressure Release of a full 60 mins.
Remove jars from the Instant Pot with tongs. Let cool completely then store.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Vanilla Extract
Weight Watchers Points
There is 1 Freestyle point in a serving of Instant Pot Vanilla Extract.
- Cook time does not include time to come up to pressure or for pressure to release.
- Instant Pot Vanilla Extract is ready to go in as little as 1 day but for the best homemade vanilla extract let sit for up to two weeks before use.
- Do not use a stovetop pressure cooker or cook near an open flame.
- Do not use a quick pressure release EVER with this recipe. You have to do a full natural pressure release as to not release alcohol vapor into the air.
- Beans need to be completely submerged in the vodka.
- For richer and darker homemade vanilla extract do 45 mins in the Instant Pot using a larger jar. Add 2 cups of vodka per jar with 6 vanilla sticks cut per jar.
- Use a new canning jar or a canning jar that has not been used more than two times previously.
- Make sure liquid is just below the first jar thread as the liquid needs room to expand.