Instant Pot Turkey Breast with Garlic Butter Gravy
Learn how to make delicious Thanksgiving quality turkey and gravy in less than an hour!
Servings 8 people
- 2 ½ pounds (1.13kg) boneless turkey breast
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (236ml) chicken stock
- ¼ lemon juiced
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
To make the turkey:
Mix together butter, herbs, coriander seeds, garlic purée and salt to form a paste.
Rub ⅓ of the butter paste under skin and ⅓ butter on top and reserve final ⅓.
Add stock to the Instant Pot insert.
Add trivet to the Instant Pot and then place the turkey breast on top of trivet, skin side up.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn valve to the sealing position.
Set to manual/high pressure for 35 minutes. When cook time is completed, allow for a full natural pressure release.
Take turkey out of the Instant Pot and place on a baking tray. Rub with remaining butter paste and broil until it is browned to your liking, approximately 8-10 minutes.
To make Keto gravy with xanthan gum:
Transfer broth from Instant Pot into a small saucepan (add 2-3 tablespoons of stock if you don’t have enough liquid).
Add xanthan gum and lemon juice.
Simmer until the gravy thickens, 4-5 minutes.
Adjust the seasonings to taste, and serve.
To make gravy with cornstarch:
Transfer the broth from the Instant Pot into a small saucepan.
In a small bowl, make a paste with your cornstarch by mixing 1 - 2 tablespoons with an equal amount of water.
Whisk the paste into the broth and simmer until the gravy thickens.
Mix in the lemon juice, adjust seasonings to suit your taste, and it's ready to serve.
- Let the turkey rest for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing. You want to make sure all the delicious juices stay in the meat.
- I recommend slicing the meat thinly and against the grain.
- Vary the herbs to suit your taste. Parsley, sage, tarragon, basil, and oregano all work well.
- Brown and crisp the skin with a kitchen torch (if you have one) instead of broiling.
- Storage - keep in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Use your leftover Instant Pot Turkey Breast (if there is any) to make this Crunchy Healthy Turkey Salad.
- There are 6 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 688mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.5mg