One Bowl Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
This is a lovely gluten free chocolate cake that is perfect for all seasons.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (128g) almond flour
- 2/3 cup (85g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (78ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (59ml) coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup (32g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1/8 cup (16g) chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup (16g) chopped pecans
- unsalted butter at room temperature
Butter a 7-inch round baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
Place all ingredients into a large bowl. With a hand mixer on medium speed, beat until the batter is light and fluffy. This is important for preventing the cake from being too dense.
Carefully fold the nuts into the batter to keep the air in.
Pour cake batter into the pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 45 minutes at 325F.
Remove the foil and then cook for an additional 10-15 mins, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Take pan out of air fryer and set on a cooling rack for 10 mins. Then remove cake from the pan and let it cool for additional 20 mins.
Slice and serve.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 10 Freestyle Points in a serving of this Air Fryer Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake.
Recipe adapted from Every Day Easy Air Fryer: 100 Recipes Bursting with Flavor by Uvarshi Petrie
MORE GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS
- It is very important to mix the ingredients until the batter is nice and fluffy. Otherwise your cake will be too dense.
- Make sure to use oven mitts when removing the cake pan from the air fryer.
- I used a combination of walnuts and pecans, but chopped almonds or hazelnuts are also great choices.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1.1mg