Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are a fun and kid-friendly breakfast.
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cups (157ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 slices bread day-old, thick sliced
Air Fryer Method:
Preheat the air fryer to 370F / 180C.
Break eggs into a bowl and whisk.
Mix in the milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
Cut slices of bread vertically to create sticks (I cut mine into thirds).
Dip the bread into the egg mixture (don’t let them sit too long) and coat each side.
Place into air fryer, making sure the pieces do not touch.
Cook for about 5 mins on side one, flip and cook for an additional 2-3 mins, depending on how crunchy you prefer them.
Preheat oven to 350F / 180C.
Break eggs into a bowl and whisk. Then mix in the milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
Cut the slices of bread vertically to create sticks (I cut mine into thirds).
Next, dip the bread into the egg mixture (don’t let it sit too long) to coat each side.
Place sticks on a baking tray that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
Put baking tray on middle rack in oven and bake for about 25 mins, flipping halfway through cook time.
Instant Pot Applesauce
6-ingredient Veggie Egg Cups
Kiwi Mango and Pineapple Smoothie
Weight Watchers Points
There are 6 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of these French Toast Sticks.
- Vary the spices to change up the flavour. Try adding ginger or nutmeg to the egg mixture.
- You can also use cinnamon extract in this recipe instead of the ground cinnamon. Check out this post to learn how to make your own Instant Pot Cinnamon Extract.
- Do not to leave the bread in egg mixture or it will get soggy and fall apart. Simply dip, drain off the excess, and get it into the air fryer straight away.
- Air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model, so I recommend starting with less cook time, checking for doneness then adding more time as needed.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 253mg | Sodium: 419mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 3.1mg