Creamy Instant Pot Tomato Soup
This easy, quick and creamy soup is a dump and start recipe that is made with no oil.
- 3.5 cups (828ml) vegetable broth stock
- 4 green onions scallions / spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 6 basil leaves
- black pepper
- 45 ounces 3 x 15oz (400g) cans of diced or crushed tomatoes with juice
- 2-3 tbsp almond butter optional
- toasted almonds for topping optional
Instant Pot Method:
Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot insert.
Place lid on the Instant Pot, lock, and turn the valve to the sealing position.
Set for Manual (or Pressure Cook) , high pressure, 5 mins.
When finished, allow for a full natural pressure release (NPR).
Allow soup to cool.
Then stir and serve as is, or if you prefer a smoother soup, blend by using either an immersion blender or transferring the soup to a blender.
Dish up into bowls and top with toasted nuts (if desired), and serve.
Add all ingredients to a large pot.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a rolling simmer and simmer for about 20 mins till thick.
Serve as is, or blend using either an immersion blender or transferring the soup to a blender.
Dish up into bowls, top with toasted nuts (if desired) and serve.
Tips For Making Creamy Tomato Soup in the Instant Pot
What To Serve With Instant Pot Tomato Soup
For the ultimate comfort food combination, serve a bowl of this Instant Pot Tomato Soup with a crunchy Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
Or, pair up this creamy tomato soup with a Perfect Instant Pot Baked Potato.
And if not vegan, this Crunchy Healthy Turkey Salad is just lovely alongside a cup of Instant Pot Tomato Soup.
Weight Watchers Points in Creamy Instant Pot Tomato Soup
A serving of Creamy Tomato Soup made with almond butter contains 2 Freestyle Points. But if you omit the almond butter, Instant Pot Tomato Soup contains 0 Freestyle Points.
- If using whole canned tomatoes, you will need to blend the soup.
- It is easy to vary the spices to suit your taste. Try adding some curry powder, cumin or coriander. Or use even more basil for that classic herb flavour.
- Add more stock if you want a thinner soup, and less stock if you prefer it thicker.
- Since this tomato soup is made with no oils, it is a super healthy choice suitable for a wide range of dietary needs.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 16.1mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.9mg